Today I have my third rebirthday.
on 21st Dec 3 years ago I had a brain stroke. That means that I’m at the same time 28-year-old, 63-year-old and 3 years old.
Each year I feel very weird on this day. I really feel that this date is important to me, even more than my birthday. celebrating the day you were born, its something natural, but I didn’t choose the way of my growth, right? My mom says that I didn’t say ‚no’ to food, but it’s not like I was choosing it. After my brain stroke, I conducted my life consciously to the point that I could. From the diaper to the place I’m in.
Last year was a bit peculiar to me. It cant be related in few words, so I’ll leave it until the new years eve;)
Today I’m gonna be traditional. I’m gonna tell you the ways my life changed in a good way. Areas that are better now.
As you know, the life of a strokie isn’t that great. Frequently it seems to be hopeless and horrible. But there can be found things that changed for better. I truly believe that each and every one of us can find at least one such thing, even if his or her life is miserable.
Well, I have to admit, that few things changed for worse last year. surprisingly I feel weaker than last before. Strange. This year I haven’t had a stroke, the year before I did. how to explain that?:o
so many things are going for worse, I’m not gonna focus on them because there are plenty which changed my life for better. Since last year I’ve noticed a big growth. I’m letting the list expand, even if it grows that big, that it’s too long to read.
what has changed in my life for better after stroke?
- I take better care of myself,
- I’ve met few new, nice people,
- I’ve let go few people, who were bringing me pain. emotionally it’s a great thing for me,
- I’m less stressed with small things,
- I don’t have a stressful and horrible job anymore,
- I’ve learned knitting,
- I quit smoking,
- sometimes I’m rested,
- the card ‚you know, I’ve had a stroke’ still works for me,
- I know why I’m oversensitive to sun,
- I have a PFO fixed,
- I’ve I’ve found a new, great psychologist and i feel that she’s the one,
- i’m fixing, one by one, everything that’s broken in me,
- i have the first thing in my life that i’m proud of. I mean my blogs.
- My blogs give me satisfaction. It’s a really nice, previously known feeling.
- I have the energy to learn new things,
- I’m overcoming my boundaries and things I’m scared of,
- I’m more peaceful than before. I feel less irritated,
- I’ve learned Spanish. I can communicate in this language. And I learned it by myself,
- I’ve lost 15 kilos,
- I don’t have to give my granny rides to shops. Not being able to drive sucks, but on the other hand, I love this excuse,
- I see that I’m helping people,
- My hair fall out less,
- i’m thinking about myself more,
- I started dating,
- I have a small collection of figures of goats,
- I understand people better,
- I’m not that worried about money. I know its very horrible, as my parents are providing for me, but on the other hand, before I was counting each zloty with a fear, and now I’m still counting, but without fear,
- I get long depressive states less frequently,
- I get rid of stuff rather than I collect them,
- I’m learning to have an order around myself,
- If its even possible, I’m closer to my brother than anytime before,
- again I appreciate being outside,
- I have the hammock!
- I can do things in WordPress better and better,
- I have ‚my own’ business. It goes badly, but it’ll be better. one day.
- I have a feeling that I’m more active.
Comparing to the Polish version this list is shorter for two points;)
But still it’s impressive, isn’t it?
I like the points about being proud of myself, as for the first time I really feel pride and satisfaction. It’s a new, great feeling to think about yourself well. For a change;)
Maybe you should try to think about such list yourself? Even in despair, we can find something. For me, the first thing was realising in a hospital that I have nicer skin.
It started with one. Now list is that long!:)